Saturday, April 5, 2008

Alarming Yankees Statistics


I found this on the yankees.lhblogs.com so all the credit in the world goes to Peter Abraham, who I may say has my favorite blog on the internet.

Robinson Cano is 1-15 to start the season

Johnny Damon has got on base three times

Yankees are 2-23 with risp

Kyle Farnsworthless has given up five hits over seven outs

As I have said before, the Yankees have not been playing awe inspiring baseball. Cano needs to hit for this team to succeed. Remember last season the Yankees struggled mightily when him and Abreu could not hit. Batting sixth, there is extra pressure on him.

Damon needs to get on base too. He is the leadoff hitter and needs to be the table setter and get on base and get the engine going from the top. Last year, he had a hard time doing this and the Yankees struggled offensively.

I know the season is only four days old, but these stats are a little alarming.

No comments: