Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Top 20 Countdown: No. 4-My first championship


1996.

A year that will forever have a special place in my heart.

The first time that I ever remember celebrating a team winning a championship (For the record, my teams have won a combined 7 titles in my time, 8 if you include UConn in 2004).

The Yankees were a gusty team that year. Atlanta was supposed to be the New Yorkers. They came in and kicked the crap out of the Yankees in the first two games. But the Yankees responded to win the next four and give New York something to cheer about when they won 4-2 and started the Yankee dynasty.

My favorite image from that World Series is Charlie Hayes catching the pop-up and then jumping in the air, symbolizing that the New York Yankees were champions of the world.

Now let's go get #27 this year!!!!!

No comments: