Sunday, February 24, 2008

Top 20 Countdown: No. 9-Ballgame over, Yankees win, theeeeeee Yankees win!


If there is one thing that tears my family apart, it's baseball. My mother and youngest brother are die-hard Mets fan, while my middle brother, myself and my father represent the better baseball team in New York, the 26 time champions New York Yankees.

In the 2000 World Series, it was NY vs. NY with the Mets and the Yankees. The Yankees were the better team but the Mets were scrappy and held a late lead in the game, but as was the Yankees m.o. during those years, the team responded with some clutch late inning hitting to tie the game.

I was so nervous during this game that the Yankees were going to lose becuase it could not be to the Mets. But once the Yanks tied it, I knew the game was the Yankees. And when Jose Vizcaino stepped up to the plate, it gave John Sterling the opportunity to say one of my favorite radio lines:

"Ballgame over, Yankees win, THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!"

No comments: