Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pittsburgh 82, Syracuse 77


Wow. Let me repeat that. Wow. Syracuse had a 70-59 lead and blew it. Thank God I had to work for the radio station today and didn't have to witness this debacle in person.

Kudos to Jamie Dixon and Pitt. I think Dixon is one of the best coaches in America and can always keep his team composed and poised, and that's what they did to pull the upset.

Syracuse's fate came down to how they stopped playing the game with about four minutes left. The Orange tried to just milk the clock and waste as much time as possible, which I do not agree with. When the game is on the line, play to win. If a man has an open shot, you take that shot. You work to score points and get the lead.

This win essentially puts Syracuse out of the NCAA Tournament.

Maybe it's me. I've been here two years now and no NCAA Tournaments and no football winning seasons.

Atleast it's only 30 days until baseball season kicks off and the Rangers right now are kicking some major butt.

No comments: